Support the CCBC by becoming a member.
Programmes et ressources du CLJC en franĂ§ais
Our database of historical fiction and non-fiction books for educators.
Find and book your favourite authors, illustrators & storytellers.
Back issues of our popular news and reviews magazine are online â€“ for free!
The Canadian Children's Book Centre is an Amazon.ca Associate.
Call for Submissions - 2011 CCBC Awards
Attention: Childrenâ€™s Book Publishers
The Canadian Childrenâ€™s Book Centre is now accepting submissions for its four book awards. The submission deadline for all awards is December 17, 2010.
If you click on the links below you will find information about each award. Please be sure to read all of the submission information and criteria for each of the awards, as it varies from award to award.
- TD Canadian Childrenâ€™s Literature Award *
- Marilyn Baillie Picture Book Award *
- Norma Fleck Award for Canadian Childrenâ€™s Non-Fiction
- Geoffrey Bilson Award for Historical Fiction for Young People
Only works by Canadian authors and illustrators are eligible for submission. The awards marked with an asterisk (*) are open to Canadian publishers only.
Books submitted that do not meet the eligibility requirements and criteria will not be considered and will not be returned. It is the publisherâ€™s responsibility to determine what books are eligible for each award.
The submission deadline for all awards is December 17, 2010. Please note this is a firm deadline. All submissions must be received by this date (not postmarked by this date) as our office will be closing for the holidays and we will not be able to receive packages after this time.
You are required to complete a Title Submission Form for each title being submitted. Each award has its own specific form which indicates the number of books required for each submission:
- TD Canadian Childrenâ€™s Literature Award Title Submission Form
- Marilyn Baillie Picture Book Award Title Submission Form
- Norma Fleck Award for Canadian Childrenâ€™s Non-Fiction Title Submission Form
- Geoffrey Bilson Award for Historical Fiction for Young People Title Submission Form
If you have any further questions about eligibility or the awards, please contact Meghan Howe at 416.975.0010 ext. 222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.