Support the CCBC by becoming a member, a sponsor or simply by donating.
Help Amy help the CCBC by donating to her Marathon of Books!
Our database of historical fiction and non-fiction books for educators.
Find and book your favourite authors, illustrators & storytellers.
Back issues of our popular news and reviews magazine are online – for free!
Attention: Actors, Musicians, Artists, Writers, Dancers, Sculptors, Photographers...All Artists!
This April, in partnership with 918 Bathurst, Centre for Culture, Arts, Media and Education, Cultural Careers Council Ontario (CCCO) is offering The Business of Art, a six week course to help artists take control of their career and plan the steps for their success. The Business of Art is:
- Intensive practical 6 week course taught by industry experts
- Classroom sessions and homework assignments
- Entrepreneurial concepts for a successful career
Classes will be held at 918 Bathurst St., conveniently located near the Bathurst St. subway on Wednesdays from 6 PM - 9 PM, beginning April 20th and continuing until May 25th. Cost of the course is $299 plus HST. Easy registration is at www.workinculture.ca or call 416.340.0086. You have the option to pay by cheque or credit card. There is a limited enrollment for this course.
- Discover how writing a business plan gives you more power to create
- Identify your current and potential audiences and how to communicate with them
- Learn the joys of "financial planning" (yes, really!) and how it can reduce your stress
- Explore brand "you"
- Learn how basic record keeping systems can help make grant writing and reporting a breeze
Every artist deserves to be fairly compensated for their creation. If you take yourself seriously as an artist, and wish to take your art-as-business to the next level, The Business of Art Course is an invaluable introduction. - Bruce Dow, Actor, Broadway/Toronto, and the Stratford Shakespeare Festival
Information also available at 918 Bathurst St. Centre
Tel: 416.538.0868 or email@example.com
Submitted by meghan on Fri, 04/08/2011 - 07:42.