What does it take to get a childrenâ€™s book published? What are childrenâ€™s book publishers looking for? How do booksellers pick the books they sell? Let our panel of experts show you what you need to do to get your manuscript published!
Support the CCBC by becoming a member.
Programmes et ressources du CLJC en franĂ§ais
Our database of historical fiction and non-fiction books for educators.
Find and book your favourite authors, illustrators & storytellers.
Back issues of our popular news and reviews magazine are online â€“ for free!
The Canadian Children's Book Centre is an Amazon.ca Associate.
Attention: Actors, Musicians, Artists, Writers, Dancers, Sculptors, Photographers...All Artists!
This April, in partnership with 918 Bathurst, Centre for Culture, Arts, Media and Education, Cultural Careers Council Ontario (CCCO) is offering The Business of Art, a six week course to help artists take control of their career and plan the steps for their success. The Business of Art is:
- Intensive practical 6 week course taught by industry experts
- Classroom sessions and homework assignments
- Entrepreneurial concepts for a successful career
Classes will be held at 918 Bathurst St., conveniently located near the Bathurst St. subway on Wednesdays from 6 PM - 9 PM, beginning April 20th and continuing until May 25th. Cost of the course is $299 plus HST. Easy registration is at www.workinculture.ca or call 416.340.0086. You have the option to pay by cheque or credit card. There is a limited enrollment for this course.
- Discover how writing a business plan gives you more power to create
- Identify your current and potential audiences and how to communicate with them
- Learn the joys of "financial planning" (yes, really!) and how it can reduce your stress
- Explore brand "you"
- Learn how basic record keeping systems can help make grant writing and reporting a breeze
Every artist deserves to be fairly compensated for their creation. If you take yourself seriously as an artist, and wish to take your art-as-business to the next level, The Business of Art Course is an invaluable introduction. - Bruce Dow, Actor, Broadway/Toronto, and the Stratford Shakespeare Festival
Information also available at 918 Bathurst St. Centre
Tel: 416.538.0868 or firstname.lastname@example.org